Sunday, August 01, 2004

Morning all

I'm off back home today, I'm just too cool for Paris, It doesn't deserve me.

Smudge and I went out for dinner on Saturday night. We ended up in an area of town densely populated with what could only be described as "les poofteures" so 2 blokes having dinner fit right in. I found myself completely incapable of eating any "rich" food at all so ordered a salad. It came with a 1/2 pound lump of Foie Gras on top. I nearly barfed (but I did eat it). Afterwards we wandered aroiund for a bit, most places being closed, due to the Paris August exodus and ended up ... in an Irish pub. I shit you not. There's tons of Irish pubs in Paris, it seems to be the only way to get a decent (non french) pint. Plus they were open. I guess the concept of "zee ingleesh poob" would be a little much for the French to take.

Welcome, Elvie, to the blog. Bubble does indeed visit these hallowed pages, which is no reason to temper the language but does explain why I haven't detailed the quite incredible density of tottie walking the streets past the bar right outside our hotel. So Smudge told me anyhow, I had my back to the street....

I'll sign off now, as I've got to check the morning nonsense from HK before packing for the flight. Frankly, I'm sad to leave. It has been one of the most relaxing, yet effective, weeks I have had of work for a long time. I'm sure that the relaxed atmosphere in Paris has a significant amount to do with that. I just heard yesterday that Gartner has moved their assembly facility from Germany to Spain. I intend to find out where...

Bomber out