Friday, July 23, 2004

sky high and feeling knackered

On me plane back to HK. It's been one long fucking week, I'll tell yer
(not that you want to hear).

Instead I'll tell you that I finally finished Pandora's Star. It's an
object lesson in Dave's position of slob literanus laureate that he
started the book way after me but finished weeks before. His analysis
was "not as good as I expected" with which I have to agree. Really not
bad and altogether accessible but really not a patch on the Night's Dawn
trilogy (same author, more really BIG weapons, plus zombies..!), the
only problem with which was the ball breaking 2 year wait between
installments. It's all out there; got get it. This isn't as good (and we
have to wait for the "finale" which will probably take forever).

Watched the final 20 minutes of Shrek on the plane (whilst listening to
White Stripes on the headphones; quite rewarding in all) and it struck
me; doesn't Farquad look like Matt Wills? Which then turned me on to the
fact that Shrek is a spitting image of Dunc seen through a green lens
filter. In fact, aside from the Glaswegian accent, Dunc IS shrek,
without said green filter. I have suffered (painfully) an epiphany.

Sadly next week doesn't look easier. China on Monday (more busses....)
then Paris Tuesday to a workshop with the client of the Korean project.
I found out today ('cause they actually agreed to meet with us) that the
Korean GC has not been invited to said pow-wow which will probably
actually turn out to be a very BAD thing for us as we have to work with
the cunts. I spent most of our meeting trying to subtly (in a sort of
"why don't you do this" sort of way, subtle isn't me really) suggest
ways for them to get to this meeting. If they're not they're, I think
the whole thing is going to get very acrimonious indeed. Ho hum,
whatever; there's biking tomorrow

Me errr.... out