Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Hello there

Missed out on the double header, but managed to squeeze in Dawn of the Dead. Passion will have to wait until I can be bothered, probably when it comes out on DVD.

I'm no great aficionado of B-horror or zombie movies and I've never seen the original George Romero Dawn of the Dead from the 70's; but it would have to have been pretty damn good to have been better than the remake.

Gushing blood and teeth marks the likes of which I haven't seen since Evil Dead 2. What a fantastic movie. I won't go further for fear of dropping a spoiler (like; There's a LOT of zombies in it, watch out for Zombie Jay Leno) but will say that the end of the movie has a fantastic sequence that will have you riveted to your seat far beyond the point in the movie where you would normally be out on the street hailing a cab down the local pub to talk about what a fantastically gory movie this is.

In other news, I went on my trip to Taipei today, to find that this "Japan in Taiwan" project they want to do is only one of three on the drawing board for the next year in Taiwan and, in fact, the smallest. Looks like a busy year. Off to Tokyo next week to see the original store that they want us to recreate in Taipei. The original cost something like 50million USD to build so I expect it's on a slightly different scale form what is being expected of us.

Got home last night to find that the cat had been "affectionate" in the bath again (thanks for the clarification, Dave.) Also have news that Dave managed to prove Real fact #168 wrong in a single afternoon. Apparently brow lines are caused by shouting and screaming at subcontractors much more quickly than by mere frowning.

That's about it, although those who have been following the riveting dialogue in the comments pages will have noticed that I now have a whole slew of new nicknames revolving around the 'loser' moniker; if imagination were next to godliness, my friends would be damned.

Bomber out