Thursday, April 15, 2004

6pm
Work

My old neighbour, who called himself Charley, (what an obvious code name) is definitely an international assassin. Look at the evidence

1. Lived in a shitty appartment, which was always spotless (even though he's a bloke)
2. Kept really funny hours
3. Claimed to work for the Economist (yeah, right)
4. Knew EVERYTHING about afganistani tribes etc (of course all too tidily explained by the Economist job cover)
5. Had those heavy rimmed glasses meant to make him look clever, but they were always askew. Sure; they're not a disguise...
6. Had plumby english accent. (We all know that Assassins are always either English public school boys or swarthy spaniards)

We met in a pub in Wan Chai once and I was a "bit" drunk so I tried to OUT him (in a sort of "you're a bloody international assassin, aren't you?" way). He just smiled sadly and was not there the next time I was able to see. And my feet had been mysteriously glued to the floor.

The following week, we were served Govt notices that our roof gardens were both illegally constructed, which forced us all to move out. "Charley" mentioned that he was moving to a high Terrace above Happy Valley. Coincidence that this would give him a superior vantage opintfrom which to overlook the balcony of my new flat in Happy Valley so that with a Super-high-powered Scope he could pick me off easy while I was having breakfast? I think not.

Yours, dressed like Ned Kelly

Bomber out