Wednesday, September 28, 2005

morning all

I've actually got some work to do today, but I thought I'd start by boring you lot (again)

First off; our mates on the web. B3ta posted this link entitled "Men of the Internet" Now I know he's never been on the net except to download pr0n, but tell me that the 5th from the left, second row down isn't the elvster late teens / early twenties. Looks exactly like the pictures of him from the wedding.

Secondly, the religious moment. I understand that Dave is in need of the spiritual equivalent of "An idiot's guide to religion" in order to survive his new neighbourhood without burning crosses on the lawn, river dunkings, exorcisms, etc. My longtime fave religious site; landover baptist and their wonderful spokeswoman Betty Bowers (always ready with the honorary first stone) are still going strong despite efforts to have them shut down, or promote them, depending if you believe the Objective: Landoverbaptist shutdown campaign was real or a hoax. Personally, I'm sticking with real; "The internet was invented by Americans, America is a Christian nation, therefore the internet is Christian and so we shouldn't allow any publication that criticizes or in any other way undermines Christians" is a superb piece of logic, unfortunately lost to us as the site seems to have been pulled.

B3ta again with 2 superb entries. First, they ran this link a couple of weeks ago, which is a cartoon aimed at explaining the differences between Christianity and Islam. The main thrust is that Mohammed was a paedophile... Read and Believe. They also ran an image contest to see how you would improve the image of the church. My personal fave was a sign that read "Charlotte Church, come inside" but they chose this which I grudgingly admit (between spitting out my breakfast laughing) is better. Be sure to click the display image full size thingy so you can read the text ... Let there be Sprite!

Ohh, and finally; try this puzzle game to wile away your work day... you have to sit through a stupid ad for some american car first, but the game is bloody addictive, if reminiscent of Mr Rubik and his nerd cube.

Bomber out