Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later

Most of you know that my current project is in a "spot of bother" at the moment, well my German boss (that is to say; my boss' boss' boss) was called to Paris yesterday for a good reaming and was told that it is all my fault. I think they gave him a figurative silver platter and asked him to return it to them with my head on it, all of which leaves me feeling a bit like John the Baptist before bath time, only less pious. Looks like the company is standing behind me at the moment, but we'll see what the next few weeks brings. Perhaps I'll get that long summer holiday afterall!

At least I didn't sink as low as attorney Frank Spinner who, in his defense of Sabrina Harman - one of the Abu Grahib abusers, argued that;

She photographed abuses because she wanted to document what she felt was wrongful behaviour

also that,

the famous picture of the hooded man (nicknamed Gilligan) standing on a box with wires attached to his bits "was a joke. Gilligan understood it to be a joke. It was all part of their relationship. It was a relationship beyond what the pictures showed."

and my personal favorite,

that "other notorious pictures did not constitute abuse as the prisoners were hooded and thus did not know they were being photographed."
I just sat there this morning and said of the client :"well she's a lying bitch then, isn't she." Or something

Bomber out