Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Afternoon

Bubble's back and none too impressed with the Kimi Raikenen endorsed McLaren steering wheel, currently suckered to the dining room table. Her reaction wan't quite as negative as when I told her how much I spent on my new mountain bike 2 years ago, but it was close and this time I was in the same room instead of on the phone in another continent. I suppose I'll have to find another home for it. Perhaps she'll stop noticing it after a while ... then again perhaps not.

Preparations for "the big move" are afoot. We made a big list of things to do, then went down the pub to better consider how to divide them up. I think we'll hire in staff. We did give notice on the flat yesterday, which provided interest as I was printing the letter out when the landlord called to say he wanted to put the rent up. Kind of like being fired while on your way to quit. Shouldn't be any bother there then. I also put all our tat up for sale and Christ is there a lot of it. You never really know how much wothless shite you've managed to accumulate until you need to move it somewhere. De-humidifiers seem to be in great demand at the moment. So much so that I took ours off the list and plan to relist it later for a higher price (humidity will be even higher in a month...!) I also listed our projector screen and some cheecky cunt asked if the projector was included! Worth a try I suppose but bloody hell that's some nerve. Like buying a tyre and asking if it comes with a free car.

'nuff for now, I've got lunch to eat

Bomber out