Sunday, August 22, 2004

The shandy drinker is back in the saddle

Dave's notes regarding Bubble's and my relative drinking prowess notwithstanding (coz he's right) I do recall going home on Friday because that's when Dave left; not the other way round. Any possible contention that he then went out again or was in any significant way less drunk than me, while believable at first glance, don't stand up to close examination.

The Ruth Chris trip on Saturday sounds like I missed out, though. I've still never been there and am consrtantly advised by folks with waistlines I can only aspire to, that they represent the best steaks in town.

Onto important matters, though, and we've got a solution to the HK sevens ticket fiasco. Seems that DP was absolutely correct when he said that members of the HKRFU get guaranteed tickets. 500 HK$ to join and your first year subs (250/ year subsequently) and you will receive an order form for 2 tickets per member sometime in September. The form is here.

Otherwise you could book through an agent, but I expect the premium on the tickets will be higher. Any e\wanting acommodation at Chez Bomble next March. Get yer orders in now.

Bomber out