Monday, July 12, 2004

Evenin' all

As requested, regular service will recommence soon. I have a post to put up that warranted a visit to the Canadian Censor board (bubble) as it's mostly about her family. She's in Cambodia at the moment so I should get the "don't you fucking dare" tomorrow. If Censored I shall be asking Amnesty to lobby on my behalf as a prisoner of conscience but will be more than willing to fill you in on the Young and The Restless (Canadian Neighbours) type goings on over beer at the earliest opportunity.

Planning brunch this sunday, with Bubble (returns Saturday) Marla, a bunch of her mates, Guy, Ben and... well... me. I was considering paying for 2 portions for myself, do you think that would double the rate of free flow 'poo?

On the movie front, trid to do to S2 tonight, but the next showing was at 10 so I sacked it off. Might try again tomorrow. Saw Starsky & Hutch on the plane back from Korea the other day and I can tell you cats it's a whole hunk of funny all made out of sexy. The charlied up disco dance off was a direct rip from Zoolander (if repeating yourself is a rip off) with the notable omission of David Bowie. A young lookalike would have tied the two together nicely. Not sure whether DB was into disco, though. These cats certainly are. Top entertainment. Rumours of Hell Boy coming to town were overstated apparantly. Currently waiting with baited breath for DVD release.

Games and I finished KoTOR a day before they came to swap out my sick HDD, which is a relief. Top game, although too easy. Can't remember if there was a difficulty setting at the start, but could be tempted to play again from the beginning on "make my teeth bleed, fuckers" setting. No need, though, 'cause I've got Far Cry to look forward to. Yesterday, 'cause I'd finished KoTOR and didn't want to start FC before they changed the HDD, I loaded up Diablo 2 on my laptop. A 3 year old game (which I picked up because it would run on my laptop) D2 is still the fucking nuts and had me hooked for every daylight hour that yesterday had to offer. Particularly like the save function, where you can save anywhere, but only along one thread (no loading up an old game when you've got your character killed). Also, on getting munched by the lesbian hoard (or something) you will regen in your camp with none of your stuff. You then have to go out and toss your own corpse to get your gear back. Superb twisted game play. I like it!

Nuff for now, there's cartoons on the telly