Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Hi from sunny Seoul

Well, Seoul is, at first glance ... err ... a bloody great big city actually. Not actually left the hotel yet, travelling business culture involving never ending meetings in the basement coffee shop (cheaper than renting a conference room). Currently uploading a bunch of drawings to someone through "narrow band". I swear I will never move to a city that doesn't allow me a broadband connection. I remember Beijing the first time and fixing my bike hubs while I waited for the hotmail portal to load. It could take 1/2 a day to check email. Just not good enough. The Appollo missions were run on less computing power than I have in my mobile phone, so I NEED BANDWIDTH.

Had a shot at the local english language paper this morning and can confidently report that nothing interesting is happening here at the moment. No doubt a Korean airliner will flip itself upside down on the runway before day's end, but I'd need access to the international press to see that and what with trying to send all these drawings up the "pipe" I don't think I've got the band girth to spare.

Dunc, cash donations always accepted mate, assumed you hadn't answered sooner because you were penning something especially offensive, but lo; you were polite. Who are you and what have you done with my offensive friend, you polite fiend. Cheers for the heads up about QEII's B'day. Not a holiday out here, one the Chinese got rid of, I dare say. We do have next Tuesday off, much lying about to be done as Andrea is off on her summer travels on Sunday so I will have no mates for a month (after which I will recommence having one mate...)

Enough; I'm bored.

out