Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Morning

It's a holiday here today (buddas B'day) so we're off shopping. Apparantly it's traditional to do so on the anniversary of the birth of the Enlightened One and I'm not complaining. Yesterday was toss because;

1. 3 trucks failed to turn up on site at 9am but instead moseyed in at 5pm.
2. a supplier of mine decided that he needs an extra month to produce something.
3. Another supplier (and a real Alpha) spent all afternoon avoiding my phne calls in a really obvious manner
4. I forgot to take my pills

I was Mr Angry. On arrival home I was summarrily sent forth to buy coffee and rent a video. Bloody cheek.

Evening saved by excellent meal cooked by Bubble and Those that Bore the Bomber.

The the movie. Suffice to say my parents thought it wierd; always a good start. Bubble got the hump because I was more interested in the movie than in arguing with her about time off work and I was in fits throughout the whole thing (except the moments when I was arguing with bubble, of course.) The movie is called Bubba Ho-Tep and leads with Bruce Campbell playing an elderly and decrepid Elvis with an undefined growth on his "pekker." Need I say more? Oh yes; and there's a zombie in it. Bloody brilliant.



Apparantly the jewel in this movie is a full length voice-over commentary by Bruce, in character as The King. Planning to watch the commentary version this afternoon but as no-one else enjoyed the movie, I might have to wait till Bubble goes on her summer travels and re-rent it. Amazon describes it as a geriatrics-fight-Egyptian-cowboy-zombie movie. Who could resist?

Thanyouvrymuch (through curled lip)