Thursday, May 13, 2004

Hello all

Day one with the folks in town went well; started with Bubble's now traditional "Tequila Thursday", although fortunately for all of us she only had two. On her best behaviour, I suspect. We then followed up with a Thai curry in "rat alley" which is behind LKF in central. I thought that my folks were aficionados of all things curry-like but it seems that the Thai explosion in Europe missed them out completely. It was heart warming to hear my dad state, in what approached a reverential tone; "this is GOOD soup." Of course, the only soup one might ever be forgiven for saying that about is the ubiquitous Thai starter Tom Yam Soup with enough chilli oil in it to burn a small house down. My mum, being Glaswegian, was the first to lower the tone to a discussion about the severity of expected ring burn once the soup made its way to the "end of the line." Nothing if not blunt, my mum.

I sent them of to Stanley shopping this morning and just had a phone call from dad; they are in a pub having lunch and a few sweeteners. Bastards. My dad only calls me to tell me about his lunchtime drinking to wind me up. Do you get that; when you're stuck at work and someone calls you from a pub or other such drinking establishment, you can almost taste the beer on the back of your tongue? I do, and mine's a pint of wife beater, guv'nor.

A Sweaty mate of mine sent me some links yesterday, both worth a look. The first is a site called limmy.com which, amongst other amusing pastimes, contains this bloody hilarious Xylaphone programme. Take a look at some of the other content too. Imaginative in a sort of rude Scottish way. You'll be playing with the Xylpahone for hours, I guarantee it. Second up is this rather disturbing clip from Rainbow (allegedly.) Der Management couldn't have done better. It made me laugh so much that flies started shooting out of my genitals.

The newspapers are full of the horrors of last night's Eurovision farce, where apparently the scoring computer cocked up and gave Turkey their first points in the history of the competition. Or something.

Enough for now, I need to get some work done this afternoon and justify my exorbitant salary

Bomber out