Thursday, April 29, 2004

Hello all

well, I turned down the Beijing project; we're not in a position to move this summer.

It's always a problem with Andrea in such a structured industry as teaching and me in such a chaotic one as construction. Andrea can opnly really move at one time during the year (the summer) and must make plans and commitments 8 months ahead of time. Construction, on the other hand, requires the flexibility to do what you're told when you're bloody well told to do it.

Add to that Andrea got wond of a pay rise today that will make me the 2nd income earner; so decision made it seems.

Ahh well, back to my shop fronts it is. We're off to Taipei tonight to spend the weekend with Dave and Cindy and their new dog. Dave has claimed in advance that any noxious smells are due to the barely housetrained dog and / or a broken vent pipe. Me thinks the big man does protest too much... I have meetings in Taipei next Monday and Tuesday (so my flight is on the firm) and then off to Japan for 2 days to look at a couple of reference projects. My first trip to Japan ...

Bomber out