Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Hello all

I am slightly shell-shocked at the moment, it has been an odd morning. You may recall that I thought I might be being set up for a job in Korea. That job is in Soeul and may still come up. What I have been offerred, this morning, is a project in Beijing which looks very interesting but, like all of these things, needs someone to have started last week. This is always a point of friction between Bubble's career and mine, as she needs to plan around 6 months in advance for a move in locale. My company / industry expects the same to happen in 6 minutes. Fortunately my boss has said that he wants me to stay in HK so I at least have some bargaining power. I will have to think on this long and hard as; sure as shit; they will want me to take a pay cut to go there, or something similar.... gits.

I'll leave you with this little piece of advice from THE POST RAPTURE SURVIVAL GUIDE which is part of a site called raptureready.com, linked from a Guardian story about the religious right in the US that I got pointed to today.

How to survive after the rapture (assuming you weren't chosen, of course)...

Therefore, since you have decided to reject Christ's offer to join in the rapture, your concern is how to maintain good health in the post rapture era. You must build a supply of multiple vitamins with particular emphasis on anti-oxidants such as C and E and minerals. It will also be necessary to have a supply of disinfectants, particularly one that can be added to water to make it potable.

Above all, do not accept the mark of the beast on your right hand or forehead. If you do take the mark then nothing can be done for you—you will suffer the malignant ulcer making the rest of your life almost unbearable. Did you ever have a canker sore in your mouth? If so, then you know how painful that one little canker sore was. Now think of having canker sores all over your body, on your genitalia, in your mouth. Think how painful and unbearable your life will be. Then follow that misery with eternity in hell. Don't take that mark.

OK, how do they know which vitamins we'll need?

Bomber out