Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Mornin' all

Sparky sent me this link to a rather good rearrangement of "Going Underground". Can you spot the lyrical changes; they're subtle (note; slightly sweary and so not safe for some over-sensitive bosses' ears)

In the news today and AFP reports that "40 percent of Japanese university students cannot find Iraq on map " which is a bit rich when I recall a report that 60% of American adults can't find their own state on a map of the US with the names removed. Oh; and "Swedish temptress penguins fail to attract new mates at German zoo" which gave me some really odd images

Finally, I went to post this link I noticed a week ago about AICN thinking Constantine (the new K Reeves flick) is actually quite good (?!) and they've completely revamped their website! Gone the random collection of fonts and sizes (well, mostly) and the crazy autistic layout (although the brown theme is still in evidence) and they've added a search engine! I'll report back when I've dug up some of the better movie reviews on this site of sites. I did notice, though, that they link to a trailer of Dave's favorite ever PKD book; A Scanner Darkly. Due out September. Trailer is as cool as fuck; I was initially put off by the fact that they've done that thing where they made the animated characters look like the actors (only not like that stupid cunting Shark's tale, where Scorcese the puffer fish has really thick eye-brows and will Smith fish has thick lips) but exactly like them. Then I watched the trailer further and I think they've actually filmed the movie then animated over the film, which gives a really "I wonder if that's what an acid trip is like" effect. Brilliant. I only hope that the whole movie is made this way and not just sequences.

We're warming up for a weekend of rugger, culminating in England's last chance to redeem themselves in the Ireland match on Sunday, so fingers crossed.

Bomber out