Thursday, September 09, 2004

Gummed up comments and my love affair with Kim Chi

So the comments on Blogger got all snarled up yesterday, giving Dunc the opportunity to abuse me 4 times, but seemed to manage no variety at all. He did send me a rather horrid picture of a bunch of dead cats hanging from a tree, which I shall post tomorrow.

Korea was fun yesterday, the client pointed out a hole in the GC's programme which means a probable 3 month delay in the end date; although not for us only following trades. It all started when the interior guys said they wanted to start in January '05 and their requirement was a "sealed" building (ie; my wall installed). All eyes turned to little old me and the client asked when I (well, not I, technically, but you get the picture) will finish the wall. "Mid-June" says I; "As per GC's programe mi'lud". The room went into an uproar of French, Korean and English for an hour until they decided that they weren't going to solve it and so moved onto the next topic. I love this business.

Dinner involved duck with Korean wasabi and ... wait for it ... Kim Chi. No; not a hostess, but a lovely plate of stinky cabbage preserved in pepper and vinegar and other wonders. Bubble will recall whistfully that pickled onions aren't that bad after all.

Anyhoo, just arrived in Taipei so off to work with me. Glass goes in tonight, so if it's going to go wrong this is the best time for it to happen. the glass lites are all unique sizes (so no spares) and the biggest is 600 kilos and 50,000 HK$ ('bout 4 thousand new English pounds). Oh, yes, and we (well not we, technically) have to carry it down a flight of stairs.

Ho, Ho; it's going to be a 12 pair of underwear trip, me-thinks

Cross fingers; Out