Tuesday, September 14, 2004

All done bar the shouting (about money)

The lads (that's those who actually do the work rather than watch it, like me) finished up at 10am this morning, a 26 hour shift. Bloody bonkers.

Final inspection this evening and then down the pub for several stiff ones and some pies. Will post a picce of my latest child once the covers are off tonight. This one left permanent scarring I think but not as bad as the chest burster birth that was the US projects of last year.

Only concern is that I've heard the client is bringing a new project manager with him. This may precipitate me being ripped a "new arsehole" in order that our client (a sweaty, of course) can show the new blood "how it's done" best get the kow towing practice in then.

All in all exhausted from all the worrying.

Off to the races tomorrow night; start of the horsey racing season. Also got notice of the start of the winter sailing season opener this weekend and an offer of a ride (I get to meke tea and buns and such and tell swashbuckling tales of my time (errr .... s) on the high seas etc etc.

Bomber out