Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sevens - The aftermath

Far from keeping you updated with a blow by blow account of our '05 Sevens I ... errr ... got pissed and forgot. I did upload tons of pictures, although MSN groups seems a little slow today. They should be here let me know if the linky doesn't work and I'll do something with it (not sure what, just trying to sound techy). Group decision was that sevens weekend shuold be an annual meet-up. Early ideas for next year is the cow costume. They won't let me make my own, though; Rich says I'm just a sad old woman with an udder fixation.

In other news Rich bought a PSP, which has me all green and jealous like. While pissed on Sunday Bubble gave me permission to get one (then tried to cancel said permission later) so pay day here we come! Any one thinking of getting a Nintendo DS, don't bother; the PSP blows the shit out of it. Rich also got me a copy of GT4. Now, people have died of boredom waiting for this game, so I was very interested to see just how the hell they thought they'd improve on GT3. So here it is, Bomber's first impressions;

  • Graphics are gorgeous. No apparant background pop-up whatsoever
  • Load times are long (probably graphics have a lot to do with this.)
  • If you haven't finished at least 60% on GT3, you don't stand a chance on this game. It's too fucking hard. Domestic B license involves whole circuit time trials...
  • It's fucking HUGE
  • I'm not sure I'm keen on the navi interface, races are split up by country so it's difficult to get an overview.
  • GT style racing has taken a hit, play to find out
  • You can't win by just boosting up the power, the race matches you against cars of similar BHP. I suspect handling upgrades are the way to go.
  • the GT4 driving model makes GT3 look like an arcade racer. Handling seems to have been completely revamped and tire wear is in all races, as is fuel level.
Run, don't walk, to the shops and get this game if you've got any idea what's good for you. May require a steering wheel (a really expensive one) to get the best out of it.

Bomber out